- Registration process
- Departure and Arrival times
- Regulations and House courtesy
- Location map
In a welcoming atmosphere Shenten Dargye Ling hosts many students every year. The organization of the retreats and teachings held, is in the hands of volunteers. They execute the work to be done in close cooperation with Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche. The basis of the organization and regulations for Shenten Dargye Ling is to give everybody a chance to follow the precious teachings of our beloved teachers.
Shenten Dargye Ling consists of two distinctive institutes:
Shenten Dargye Ling Congregation is a monastery presided by Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche, whose members are geshes and monks assisted by one Secretary and one Treasurer and technical advisors. The Congregation provides us with all the means for education and is the owner of the property, buildings and grounds in La Modtais, Blou.
Shenten Dargye Ling Association is a lay institute and consists of a president and an elected Council and a board/management team. The association organizes the retreats.
We thank you to read carefully the terms and conditions outlined in the registration process description and to follow them accordingly.
Congregation Shenten Dargye Ling
Château de la Modetais
49160 BLOU France
The registration process starts with the communication of the topics and the time-schedule of the main retreats on the website. This is followed with the possibility to register. In the website, one link will guide you to the registration form that has to be filled out completely before being submitted to the registration office. Registration is only effective when a deposit is paid. You will find all terms and conditions for payment, attending teachings, tariffs and conditions of the three different rates, conditions for accommodations at Shenten, collective taxi ride from the train station , etc. on the website. Participants will be accommodated at Shenten according to the time of accepted registration. Access to the prebooked room will be given after full payment on the day of arrival, better before 5pm or before dinner at 7pm.
The registration officer will accept cash payment, bankcard payment and cheques (only for French inhabitants).
If you would like to join the programme at Shenten Dargye Ling, please fill out the registration form. After submission of the completely filled-out form we will revert to you with the deposit due. On receipt of the deposit a confirmation will be sent to you within 6 weeks.
We strongly advice you to arrive the day before the programme starts and pay the remaining amount for attending the teachings.
If necessary a pick-up service can meet you at the railway station in Saumur. This service has to be requested via the registration form.
- Stay of the participants at Shenten is at one's own risk. The organization cannot be held responsible for theft, health or any accidents occurring.
- Follow the schedule and be on time for all the activities
- Be considerate of others while talking & maintain silence when requested
- Participate in all karma yoga
- Leave no traces either in communal areas or personal space
- Please show respect to all the Sangha
- The use of alcohol or any other substances, including tobacco, is not permitted on the site
- Appreciate all utilities as precious commodities and treat them as such
- Meet the requirement that are set before entering the teachings without delay, i.e.
- Paid for membership for the current year
- Duly filled out the retreat registration form
- Paid the full payment as defined and calculated by the registration officer
- Retreats cancellations and refunds:
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the beginning of the retreat 90% deposit back
- Cancellation within 1 week before the beginning of the retreat deposit non refundable
- Meals have to be paid beforehand (per week minimal) and can be either:
- Full meals
- Just lunch
- No refund can be given after the beginning of the teachings for meals paid
- If subscribed for only a part of the retreat an extension of stay can be submitted. To enable this registration office will be open 1 hr. per day. Extension of stay has to be paid in advance either cash or bank machine payment
- Wear your badge and show on request at the entrance of the Gompa, the dining room, etc. This badge will be given by the registration officer after full payment
- No personal pets allowed on premises
- Motor camping and car camping in the parking lot is not allowed by local ordinances (the town of Blou). This will be strictly enforced by the local authorities